Is that even a thing? Like how I’ve seen “Three Things Thursday” and “Five Things Friday” on people’s blogs?
1. Hubby and I had date night at Barnes & Noble last night because we are huge dorks and could probably live there. We spent about two hours wandering around the store making lists of what we want to read. My list is 37 books long and I have no idea how long his is, but he brought his iPad so I know he means business.
2. It’s been in the 40s all week here and then today out of nowhere it hit the low 70s. Rather than spend the afternoon on the elliptical alone in the basement with the cat, I decided we should take a walk. We did our 4-mile walk that we haven’t attempted since the summer, and we did surprisingly well – 4 miles in one hour. I know that’s not great time, but it’s pretty good for us especially considering we weren’t even trying.
3. I am almost the proud owner of a brand new MacBook Pro. I want a laptop so that I can work while hubby is using the desktop (the iPad doesn’t always cut it), and I’ve been going back and forth between a PC and a Mac. I love gadgets, so I’ve secretly wanted the Mac all along even if I didn’t admit it to myself. We spent hours today chatting with Apple online, playing with the various models in the store, and even talking to a salesperson on the phone. I think I’ve narrowed it down to the fancy new one with retina display, but I haven’t quite pulled the trigger yet. Everyone I know who has a laptop seems to have a Mac and they all rave to me about how good they are, so I’m sure I’ll be happy with it once I get over the sticker shock.
4. We had a grand total of 6 trick-or-treaters the other night. This was our first Halloween in this house since last year was Superstorm Sandy and Halloween was canceled, so we didn’t know what to expect. Either our neighborhood is just quiet, or the slight drizzle kept the kids away, but I was really surprised not to have more. Now we’re stuck with a giant orange pumpkin bowl full of chocolate goodies, and they are seriously setting me back. I dumped the whole thing into a drawer so that they’re not so accessible. Grabbing 2 or 3 every time I walk through the kitchen is going to destroy my diet.
5. It’s only taken me 2 years, but I finally figured out how to upload songs to my smartphone.
6. Tomorrow morning we’re getting up early and going to mass at 9 so that we can take hubby’s parents out for breakfast. They usually feed us every Sunday so we wanted to return the favor, and breakfast is my all-time favorite meal of the day, so I’m super excited and already drooling over the French toast I’m guaranteed to devour. Yum yum.