I’ve been tagged by my buddy Michelle to play this fun little blog game.
Here is how it works:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section like “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You (the blogger) legitimately have to tag 11 (or so) people.
My 11 Random Facts
1. I was born in Canada and lived there for the first six years of my life.
2. When I was in elementary school, I sang in my church’s children’s choir. I do not sing well.
3. I joined a sorority in college, which most people find shocking because I’m so shy.
4. My two ring-finger toes grew sideways and look really gross.
5. I could eat pizza everyday and not get tired of it. Ever.
6. I have a completely irrational and debilitating fear of worms. Even typing the word makes me gag a little.
7. My first job ever was at Lord & Taylor as a fitting room attendant. I was the lucky person who got to clean up and put away all the clothes that people leave scattered all over the fitting rooms. I was also in charge of keeping all the shirts and sweaters on display folded neatly.
8. I talk to my cat as if she understands me. Whenever I leave the house, I tell her that I love her, to be a good girl, and when I’ll be back.
9. For Halloween my senior year of high school, my friends and I dressed up like the Spice Girls. I was Baby Spice.
10. I’m 30 years old and I don’t really know how to do my own makeup aside from concealer, powder, and gloss.
11. I do not like coffee. Even the smell of it gives me a headache. I do, however, love me some tea. I’ll have to post a picture of my tea cabinet sometime.
The 11 Questions For Me
1. What color was your room painted when you were younger?
In Canada, my room had some weird-colored paneling. When we moved to NJ, I chose a pastel pink. That lasted until I was about 12 or 13 when I decided that was too girly and changed it to a pastel blue. When I was 16 we moved again and that time I painted my room a bright shade of purple.
2. Did you ever have a favorite doll or stuffed animal? What was his/her name?
I had two! When I was really little I apparently had a koala named Nellie. I lost her on a flight down to FL to visit my grandparents. I had to use the bathroom, so my mom took me and when we got back to our seats, Nellie was gone forever. My mom tried to replace her with other identical koalas, but I couldn’t be fooled. Then when I was about 4 or 5 I got a blue bear which I appropriately named Bluie. He is currently in a Rubbermaid container in my basement.
3. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble. I love words.
4. What is your favorite thing to do with your days off?
5. If you could wake up tomorrow and be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Ireland. I’m desperate to go back and see the country the right way, when I’m not grieving and in shock and on business.
6. What is the most outrageous or exciting thing you’ve ever done?
This is going to sound lame, but the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is when I sang karaoke with my sister-in-law a couple of years ago. I was at my husband’s Christmas party, and since they worked together, she was there too. We both got really, really drunk and she pulled me up in front of the entire bar/restaurant and we sang – what else – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. If you know me in person, you know this is TOTALLY out of character for me!
7. Name the one song or artist you’re not ashamed to admit you actually like!
I have really embarrassing taste in music, but I’m not ashamed of it, LOL. I rock out to all the boy bands, Spice Girls, Hanson, Bieber, you name it. I also am not ashamed to admit I love me some Eminem and Jay-Z.
8. Has a celebrity ever influenced your personal style (hair, clothing, makeup)?
I don’t think so. I admired a lot of celebrities when I was younger, and wanted to look/be like them, but I don’t remember ever doing anything on purpose to emulate them.
9. Do you prefer wine, beer, or champagne?
I don’t like beer, so if I had to choose between wine and champagne I guess I would say champagne. I like the bubbles.
10. Have you ever made an impulsive decision? If so, were you happy with the results? If not, what’s holding you back?
I make small impulsive decisions all the time, but I don’t think I’ve made a big life-changing one. I’m one of those people who obsesses about the pros and cons and worries I’m going to make a huge mistake.
11. Do you sing in the car, shower, etc? Do you think you sound good?
I sing in the car and I do NOT sound good.
Here are your 11 questions:
1. If you could choose any other name for yourself, what would it be?
2. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
3. If you could have any job in the world (forget about qualifications or salary), what would you choose?
4. Do you have any regrets?
5. What is your greatest accomplishment?
6. Where would you move tomorrow if money and responsibility weren’t issues?
7. Did you ever get detention in school? For what?
8. What is your worst bad habit?
9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
10. What is your favorite song lyric?
11. Have you ever met anyone famous?